Have you heard of social selling? Many wealth managers I speak to haven’t, yet they may be doing it without realising it. The basic idea is that an increasing number of firms are using the major social media platforms (primarily LinkedIn and Twitter in the case of financial services firms) to ‘sell’ without actually ‘selling’.
In terms of the business case for the proactive use of social media to build your business, according to LinkedIn:
- Just over 63% of social sellers report an increase in their sales revenue, versus 41% of non-social sellers
- 84% of social sellers use LinkedIn; 48% use Twitter
- 74% of consumers do research online before making a buying decision
- 65% of buyers feel that a vendor’s content had an impact on their decision to buy
- Your next generation of clients are 5x more likely than previous generations to think that social networks will be the hub of their financial information in the future
Presented by: Graham Aikin